The Curved Treadmill is the new type of running machine that requires no electricity. The curved running surface places a greater demand on the user compared to a traditional motorised treadmill. The self-powered treadmill allows you to run with a natural style on the balls of your feet. This pushes your body forward creating the momentum to turn the treadmill belt. This style of running uses more muscle groups in the body at the same time when compared to the traditional heel strike used by many runners
As well as having many types of applications, a curved treadmill has many health and performance benefits.
Benefits of the curved design:
- Allows you to change speed instantly without having to push any buttons, making it perfect for high intensity interval training (HIIT).
- There is no speed limit, making it perfect for all out sprints.
- Easy set up – just get on and start running!
- Burns up to 30% more calories than a traditional treadmill because the user does the work to drive the belt instead of a motor.
- Feels more like real running because the glutes and hamstrings propel the belt backward much like they propel the body forward with real running.
- Can improve running technique through its curved surface which encourages the user to lift their knees as they run and strike with the ball or midfoot rather than the heel of the foot.
- Uses no electricity, so it’s green, costs nothing to operate, and can be placed just about anywhere.
With any new type of fitness equipment entering the market place there can be a lot of scepticism surrounding the marketing claims. However, it is clear to see that the curved treadmill offers many advantages to the end user and gym owners when compared to a traditional motorised treadmill. The curved treadmill is very versatile, offers many legitimate training uses and is environmentally friendly due to being self-propelled.
Curved Manual Treadmill Features:
Treadmill set up size: 2000*900*1530mm Running belt size:3600*480mm
Speed Range: Speed like you can
Running Surface: 1600*480mm
Max User Weight: 180kgs
Drive way:action of gravity
Sport Mode: 1-8 grade,3 sports mode with magnetic resistance adjutment Running belt with crawler-type aluminium alloy skeleton
Packing details: Product size:2000*900*1530mm
Package size: 1850*1050*650mm
Loading Quantity: 18pcs/20ft, 46pcs/40’HQ