Now New Choice Cerakote training bars make a great addition to any training facility. Cerakote finishing has been used in some of the toughest applications to provide durability and resist rust. The 20kg bar has a 28 mm diameter with dual knurl marks and comes in green and blue. The 15kg has a 25mm diameter with dual knurl marks and comes in green and orange. Both bars have a bushing composite for optimal rotation while doing olympic lifts.
Why Cerakote for a barbell??
Cerakote has a number of advantages over traditional coatings. Cerakote is resistant to wear, abrasion, corrosion, and chemicals. It was originally developed in the 1980s for use on firearms – where a very thin coating is desirable due to the tight tolerance on the moving parts of a firearm. Here’s some more Cerakote facts:
- Thin-film – How thin? Typically, just 0.001-inch thick. Perfectly fine for surfaces with knurling, which is obviously an important attribute for a barbell.
- Adheres to a wide range of materials – steel, aluminum, stainless steel but also plastics or polymers, and wood.
- Grip – Cerakote offers excellent grip – which is important in a barbell.
- Cerakote is usually applied with a spray gun, and then oven cured.
- Cerakote is significantly more resistant to corrosion than chrome or zinc – and only bested by very expensive stainless steel.
- Available in a variety of colors
Cerakote is a metal finish that is often used when creating things like weaponry that need to not only last, but stand the test of time and be tough in all conditions. The Cerakote finish allows this bar to last an extremely long time, and that’s with minimal upkeep (although, we always recommend taking good care of your barbell).
Our alloy steel bar is finished with a Cerakote coating: you’ll look tired at the end of your workout, but this barbell won’t, even after years of use! This bar has a tensile strength rating of 190 000 psi and 1500 lb capacity so you can depend on it for all your workouts with no fear of it bending. It has a 1.2 mm diamond knurl to ensure you can grip without the rip. Equipped with needle bearings, this bar is ultra-responsive. It’s perfect for Olympic lifting and multidisciplinary training.
Current Color Combination Options: Red | Green | Blue.