Did you know that FitMus Olympic barbells are available with Cerakote – a thin-film ceramic coating that offers amazing durability, protection, and a choice of colors and patterns?
Cerakote is also popular in the gun industry – because of the range of custom colors that can be used, but also because of the amazing durability of this thin-film coating.
Why Cerakote for a barbell??
Cerakote has a number of advantages over traditional coatings. Cerakote is resistant to wear, abrasion, corrosion, and chemicals. It was originally developed in the 1980s for use on firearms – where a very thin coating is desirable due to the tight tolerance on the moving parts of a firearm. Here’s some more Cerakote facts:
- Thin-film – How thin? Typically, just 0.001-inch thick. Perfectly fine for surfaces with knurling, which is obviously an important attribute for a barbell.
- Adheres to a wide range of materials – steel, aluminum, stainless steel but also plastics or polymers, and wood.
- Grip – Cerakote offers excellent grip – which is important in a barbell.
- Cerakote is usually applied with a spray gun, and then oven cured.
- Cerakote is significantly more resistant to corrosion than chrome or zinc – and only bested by very expensive stainless steel.
- Available in a variety of colors
The high quality FitMus Olympic barbell bar was developed especially for professional use in the gym and for home training
The special ceramic coating (Cerakote) protects against dirt and rust and ensures longevity. The rotating ball bearings of the weight plate mounts provide extra safety and optimal control of the bar especially in Olympic weight lifting exercises such as snatches and clean and jerks. The perfect grip is ensured by roughened handles, the double handle markings allow for optimal grip positioning. The Cerakote Colors Olympic barbell is versatile and is particularly suitable for weight lifting, cross-training and functional training.